Noun Clauses with That

Noun clauses with that atau klausa nomina yang diawali dengan that sering digunakan dalam bahasa Inggris. Dalam bahasa Indonesia, that dapat diartikan bahwa.

Contoh:
- I think that Mr. Tono is a good teacher.
- I hope that you can come to my house.
- Mary realizes that she should study.
- I dreamed that I was on paradise.
- That moon is round is a fact.


Kata kerja (verbs) yang umum digunakan bersama dengan that adalah:
agree, assume, believe, conclude, decide, demonstrate, discover, doubt, dream, fear, feel, figure out, find out, forget that, guess, imagine, indicate, hear, hope, know, learn, notice, observe, presume, predict, pretend, prove, read, realize, recall, recognize, regret, remember, reveal, say, suppose, suspect, think, show, suspect, teach, tell, understand

Contoh:
- The government assumed that this program must be implemented.
- Everybody dreams that the world will not end.
- I guess that today will be clear without raining.
- I hope that you will be happy in Surabaya.
- I have learnt that there has been a multiuse building in this village.
- These facts proved that the education rate of the people was still low.
- Students must realize that an English lesson will be easy if they study seriously.
- I have supposed that you will not be angry with her.
- I conclude that their idea can be used for our progress.
- I have decided that I will build my house in the village.
- I never imagine that I can be successful in my study.
- Much cloud on the sky indicates that rainy seasons will come soon.
- I used to recognize her that she was a good girl.
- Remember that you may not come late again.
- Show me that you can do this job.
- Tell them that I have been able to speak English now.



Kata sifat (adjectives) juga sering digunakan untuk klausa jenis ini.
Contoh:
- I am sure that the bus stops here.
- I am glad that you can come.
- I am proud that she has passed in exam.
- I am sorry that I loss my money.
- It is advisable that he stays at home.


Adjektiva ini memiliki pola:
be + adjective + that
atau
be + past participle + that

Beberapa kata sifat (adjectives) yang umum digunakan adalah:
afraid, amazed, angry, ashamed, astounded, aware, certain, convinced, delighted, disappointed, fortunate, furious, glad, happy, horrified, impressed, lucky, pleased, positive, proud, sad, shocked, sorry, sure, surprised, terrified, thrilled, worried

Contoh:
- I was afraid that you'd miss the flight.
- I'm absolutely thrilled that you are coming.
- I'm ashamed that I haven't replied to your letter yet.
- I was disappointed that we played so well yet still lost.
- I was convinced that we were doing the right thing.
- I am furious that it has taken so long to uncover what really happened.
- I'm delighted that we have settled the matter.
- We were terrified that the bridge would collapse.
- I'm absolutely certain that I left the keys in the kitchen.
- Frankly, I was amazed that he was interested.


Tidak hanya itu, beberapa adjektiva dalam noun clauses with that dapat diawali dengan kata it, seperti contoh berikut ini:
- It is true that the world is round.
- It is a fact that the world is round.


Beberapa kata sifat (adjectives) yang biasa digunakan dengan diawali kata it adalah: true, fact, vital, better, good, essential, important, necessary, urgent, advisable.
- It is true that there have been improvements in some areas.
- It is a fact that most deaths from lung cancer are caused by smoking.
- It is vital that schools teach students to use computer technology.
- It is better that you stayed.
- It is good that you are here.
- It is essential that you are sure what your aims are.
- It is vitally important that you understand the danger.
- It is necessary that she does an hour's English practice every day.
- It is urgent that the law be changed.



Catatan:

Kata that yang berada di awal klausa nomina sering tidak digunakan terutama dalam sebuah percakapan. That tersebut sering tidak mempunyai arti. Dalam klausa nomina, that dipakai untuk menandai awal dari klausa.

Contoh:
- I think you are a good student.
- I think Mr. Tono is a good teacher.
- I hope you can come to my house.


Kata that dapat dihilangkan tanpa mengubah arti.


No comments: